I am going to show you how and where to get legal, free, or extremely cheap celebrity photos for your blog.
Candid Selena Gomez photo… Cost: Free!
When I started blogging way back in 2008, I was lucky enough to have Picapp around. Sometime between 2008 and 2011, Picapp died, leaving many smaller bloggers with a big problem.
Where are you supposed to get free or at the least, cheap celebrity pictures for your blog?
Your first free option, which you are probably already familiar with, is Flickr. I have been using Flickr for some time, and I have never had a single problem with them.
Taylor Lautner lifting weights… Cost: Free!
If you’re running a blog that makes money, which I am assuming you probably are, you will want to stick to the following 2 sections within Flickr’s Creative Commons Section:
- Attribution License: Post pictures on your blog as they appear, or edit them freely, just as long as you credit the original source.
- Attribution-NoDerivs License: Allows you to post pictures on your blog. You cannot edit these pictures. You must post them as is. You can use these pictures as long as you credit the original source.
The main problem with Flickr is the limited of celebrity pictures that they actually have available. For example: Flickr only has 6 pictures of Victoria Justice available in their Attribution Licensing section.
Still, you can find some pretty great free celebrity pictures on Flickr, and since Flickr is free, and the easiest option, I always recommend checking them out first.
My buddy who owns The Bad Blogger blog pointed out Deviant Art to me. Deviant Art is another free option, but usually offers pictures of celebrities in forms of art.
Victoria Justice being Victoria Justice… Cost: Free!
We have this absolutely gorgeous picture of Victoria Justice in the eyes of the artist, LauraViolin. You can actually buy the print, if you are interested.
To use Deviant Art photos on your blog, you must
- Give credit and a link back to the original photo.
- Sign up for a Deviant Art account.
- Let the artist know you’re using their photo.
Much like Flickr, Deviant Art is actually pretty limited in what selections they have available. Still, Deviant Art is free, and they have celebrity pictures that you won’t see anywhere else.
Last, but not least, we have PR Photos. After browsing on the web for weeks, PR Photos has the largest selection, most quality, current celebrity photos available for the lowest prices on the net.
- You want to talk about Justin Bieber’s performance on X-Factor?
- You want to talk about Selena Gomez’s dress that she wore to the American Music Awards?
Whatever current celebrity pictures you need, PR Photos will probably have.
Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber: Estimated cost when purchased in bulk on PR Photos: $1.50
Here is the pricing breakdown for PR Photos.
- Option 1 – $75 For 50 Image Downloads Per Month
- Option 2 – $125 For 150 Image Downloads Per Month
- Option 3 – $250 For 500 Image Downloads Per Month
- Option 4 – For those who need more images
Some companies on the net literally charge $10, $20, $30, or $40+ for a single image. So when you’re getting 50 images for $75, you know you’re getting a damn good deal.
Checkout PR Photos for Yourself
To summarize this post…
Until you can afford to spend top dollar on celebrity pictures, stick to the following 3 websites.
- Flickr: Free. Very limited selection.
- Deviant Art: Free. Very limited selection.
- PR Photos: $75 for 50 images. Huge selection!
Now that that is all said and done, it’s time for me to watch some Spongebob and go night night.