Last week, I posted Alan Ritchon’s workout routine, and this week, I wanted to talk about Zak Bagans.
If you’re unfamiliar with Zak, he plays himself, aka Mr. Muscle on Travel Channel’s Ghost Adventures.
So how does Zak have such a buff build?
What workout routine is he doing, and what diet plan does he follow?
I am going to talk about all of this and more in this edition of Celebrity Workouts.
Scroll down to see Zak Bagans’ Workout schedule, meal plan, and more.
After doing some investigative work, I found the following Tweet posted by Zak Bagans:
Zak’s workout schedule looks something like this:
Sunday – Off
Monday – Chest, Biceps, Abs
Tuesday – Triceps, Back, Shoulders
Wednesday – Off, Legs
Thursday – Chest, Biceps
Friday – Triceps, Back, Shoulders, Abs,
Saturday – Off
Important Points Regarding Zak’s Workout:
- Italics: Notice the italics above. Zak didn’t mention anything about working out his legs or abs; Probably because he forgot to mention these workouts, or his tweet didn’t allow for it. With that being said, you should still workout your legs and abs.
- Don’t workout the same muscle group for 72 hours. Muscle recovery is extremely important for proper muscle group. If you work your biceps on Monday, don’t work them again until Thursday.
- Where are his ab workouts? I generally do my ab workouts every other day, since I am doing the P90X program. Just like any other muscle group, your abs need time to recover. You could work them on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, or Monday and Friday. Either way, you will get results. Sadly, Zak didn’t mention what he does for his ab workouts.
- What does Zak do for legs? It could be that Zak is one of those guys who doesn’t like working legs. Although, I would recommend doing legs, especially squats, as it’s a great compound exercise.
What about Zak’s diet?
- Zak eats a clean diet, strictly sticking to foods from Trader Joes: A popular grocery store in many western states.
- Zak also avoids fast food like it’s the plague.
What supplements does Zak Bagans take?
- Protein powder. Any generic protein powder will do.
- Creatine. Any generic creatine powder will also do, but if you would like, you can read reviews on different creatine products.
What exercises does Zak perform?
Unfortunately, Zak doesn’t take the time to detail the exercises that he performs.
Fortunately, I can tell you the exercises that he is likely to perform.
- Dead Lifts
- Bench Press
- Pull Ups
- Zak follows an extremely traditional muscle building plan.
- Working out 4 days a week, Zak has confirmed via Twitter that he hits his chest, biceps, triceps, back, and shoulders.
- Zak doesn’t mention anything about working out his abs or legs, although I do recommend including them in your workout regimen.
- Zak consumes a Trader Joes diet and avoids fast food like it’s the Plague.
- Zak takes protein and creatine supplements.
- Zak Bagans does NOT take steroids. I am so sick of people saying that he does… Trust me, he would be way bigger than he is if he was on juice.