Thinking about going to a Selena Gomez concert? I wanted to share with you my #WeOwnTheNight Selena Gomez Concert Experience. This is the first concert that I have ever attended.
For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Taylor Thompson, and I am actually known for my Proactiv videos on Youtube. I will also now be known as the only 21-year-old guy in my city to attend a Selena Gomez concert.
Basic Concert Information.
- The concert was held in Salem, Oregon on September 5th at the Oregon State Fair at 4:30 PM.
- I sat in a pretty decent seat on the far left side of the stage.
- I paid $80.00 for 2 tickets.
- The concert lasted about 1 Hour and 20 Minutes, and had no opening band.
- There really weren’t any breaks during the concert, and it goes by extremely fast, so if you have to use the restroom, I recommend doing so before the show.
- Rated “G” – No sex or sexual situations and no bad words. The show is squeaky clean, and great for kids.
If you like Selena Gomez, or if you’re looking to get the kids out of the house for a good time, taking them to Selena’s concert is going to be a wonderful experience.
Selena will sing her most popular songs during the concert. She may also throw in some unique twists that you may not be prepared for. You should be prepared to hear:
- Round and Round
- Love You Like a Love Song
- Super Bass *Rap* *No Bad Words* (Nicki Minaj)
- Maybe some Britney Spears
About midway through the show, Selena will briefly introduce you to her band. The band will proceed to take a short 1 minute intermission; (Likely to use the restroom and take a quick water break) before proceeding back onto the stage to play out.
Although each of Selena’s concerts are different (different songs, music, and performers) what you see here is likely what you’re going to get, and that’s definitely not a bad thing.
In some cases, Justin Bieber may make a surprise appearance, but he didn’t show up in today’s event.
The Selena Gomez Experience Update.
I just got a comment on Youtube noting that I went to one of Selena’s “off-date” tour dates. This means I didn’t experience the full Selena Gomez experience. Here’s what LauHuaXiang on Youtube told me:
Aw. You went to one of her “off-dates” concerts. This wasn’t actually apart of the We Own The Night tour. Maybe it was advertised as such, but this definitely was not.
Normally she has a big production. Stage setup, dancers, big 3D screens and all that good stuff. Plus three outfits changes. Well, hope you enjoyed yourself nonetheless.
So it would seem that concerts performed at the fair are not as big as the concerts performed at Mandalay Bay Events, for example.
My friend’s little brother got his sock signed by Selena Gomez. I don’t know if he had backstage passes or what, but I didn’t notice or get the chance to meet her.
I left the concert a little early, but had I stayed, it seemed like Selena may have been out signing autographs after the concert.
In any case, be sure to get to the show 30 minutes early, and be sure to stay 30 minutes after the show is over. You may be able to meet Selena and get and get an autograph without even having a backstage pass. This is just a slight possibility, folks, but it’s worth a shot.
Where to Sit.
Note: Not every event will be seated the same. This chart just gives you a general idea of where I recommend sitting in comparison to seating at an event that you may attend.
- I highly recommend getting front row seats if you can afford them. The kids in the front sections were having the most fun.
- The middle sections sell out fast, so assuming you want to sit up close, you will want to purchase a left or right stage seat up close, as opposed to a middle of the stage seat that’s distanced.
- The closer you can seat to the stage, the more fun you or you and your kids will have.
I had a wonderful time.
Selena Gomez and her band did a wonderful job, and Selena did great. She has definitely improved vocally. There were no attention grabbing mistakes that turned me off during the entire performance.
If you or your kids, nephews, nieces, grand children, etc, are a fan of Selena Gomez, her #WeOwnTheNight concert tour is going to be an enjoyable experience.
Questions, Comments, Concerns?
Feel free to leave any questions, comments, or concerns by leaving your comments in the box below. I’ll get back to you within 2 business days.
Are You a News Source That Needs Pictures?
You need to ask permission before you can use any of the pictures on this page. Using any of the pictures on this page without my permission first is against the law. Currently, all pictures on this page are EXCLUSIVE to this website, and this website only.