If you make good money playing poker online, then April 15th was probably the worst day of your life. As you already know, almost every popular legit poker site was seized on Black Friday.
But this doesn’t mean you still can’t make some money playing poker online.
If you have been watching a lot of Poker on ESPN and other networks, you will notice that there is a poker show called, Club WPT. Club WPT is advertised like crazy with commercials, gear, and in-show advertisements. But is it a scam? Let’s take a look with this in-depth review.
From Club WPT: “For $19.95 a month, you will never lose a dime playing poker again.”
Is Club WPT a Scam?
Like anything else that sounds too good to be true, I decided to go ahead and give Club WPT a whirl. Although I am just your average poker player, for $19.95 a month, there wasn’t really much to lose.
The first thing that caught my attention with Club WPT was the daily $1,000 pool-prize tournament. For $19.95 a month, you can compete in a tournament that will give away $1,000 split between people who make the money.
It’s been quite a few weeks since I have dabbled with Club WPT, but I believe (meaning I am not 100% sure) the top 80 or so positions payout in the $1,000 daily tournaments, with the top 10 finalists pooling in most of the winnings.
Proof of Payment.
As you can see below, I got a $5.00 check from Club WPT for making the money in their $1,000 daily tournament.
Attention-grabbing tournaments include:
- $10,000 monthly tournament – A total of $10,000 is pooled and split between the people who make the money. I believe (meaning I am not 100% sure) the player who gets first in this tournament also wins a free seat in an official WSOP tournament.
- Free WSOP Seat – I can’t remember if there are tournaments specifically for a free WSOP seat, but I do know that you can win a free WSOP seat. If I am not mistaken, WSOP seats cost $10,000, so winning a free seat is extremely significant.
- Smaller Tournaments – There are also a ton of smaller tournaments that you can participate in. I noticed that you can even win free cigars. If you’re into cigars, that’s a pretty cool prize.
Entering Prize Tournaments.
You should know that it costs Club WPT TP (tournament points) to participate in each tournament that provides prizes. The greater the prize in the tournament, the more points you will have to spend to enter that tournament.
If you rank high enough in the prize tournaments, you will win some, all, or more TP back.
When you run out of points, you’re required to win more points in the free roll tournaments before you can enter the prize tournaments again.
TP (tournament points) were likely invented to prevent players from entering in prize tournament after tournament, and going all-in early on, in hopes of getting lucky.
With TP, players know that if they lose the tournament, their out TP. Essentially, every player plays like they actually put real money down to enter each prize tournament.
To learn more about TP, be sure to checkout Club WPT’s article on tournament points.
Due to state laws, some people will not be able to make money with Club WPT. Be sure to checkout Club WPT’s Eligibility rules for more information.
If you plan on playing a lot of poker, Club WPT is a fantastic deal. As this review points out, this service is definitely not a scam.
For $19.95 a month, you get access to
- Daily $1,000 prize pool tournaments.
- Monthly $10,000 prize pool tournaments.
- Chances to win WSOP seats.
- So much more.